Lonely Planet Chile & Easter Island (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Chile & Easter Island is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Museum-hop in Barrio Bellas Artes, kayak down the calm Rio Serrano, or marvel at the strikingly enigmatic moai of Easter Island; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Chile and Easter Island and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Chile & Easter Island Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, literature, cinema, politics, landscapes, wildlife, and wine
- Over 54 local maps
- Useful features - including Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), Chile Outdoors, and Travel with Children
- Coverage of Santiago, Vina del Mar, Rapa Nui, Arica, Anakena Beach, Northern Patagonia, Southern Patagonia, Chiloe, Sur Chico, Norte Grande, Norte Chico, Middle Chile, Tierra del Fuego, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Chile & Easter Island,our most comprehensive guide to Chile and Easter Island, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less traveled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's South America on a Shoestring guide for a comprehensive look at all the continent has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Carolyn McCarthy, Jean-Bernard Carillet, Bridget Gleeson, Anja Mutic, and Kevin Raub.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)